Chris Portner grew up in League City, Texas and graduated from Clear Creek High School. He was then awarded an academic scholarship to the University of Houston where he graduated with honors, earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics. After college, Chris received an academic scholarship to Tulane Law School where he graduated magna cum laude. Upon graduation, Chris was awarded a membership in the Order of the Coif for high attainments in the study of law.
Following law school, Chris began his legal career in Houston as a corporate lawyer. In 2000, he moved to Beaumont and began practicing personal injury trial law. Chris has handled thousands of personal injury cases, including asbestos cases, wrongful death cases, offshore accidents, 18-wheeler truck accidents, premises liability cases, refinery accidents, products liability cases, and auto accidents. Chris believes that his extensive experience and work ethic are two of the primary reasons he has been so successful with his clients.
Chris was recognized in Texas Monthly in 2007 and 2008 as a rising star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters service). Chris is also honored as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Chris is also a very involved husband, father, and volunteer in the community.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana – J.D., magna cum laude (1998)
- University of Houston – B.S. Economics, cum laude (1994)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2007 (a Thomson Reuters service)
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2008 (a Thomson Reuters service)
- Order of the Coif.
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum