Lumberton Personal Injury Lawyers
Were you injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence? Are you faced with medical bills and other expenses you’re unable to pay? Do you want to learn about your legal options for pursuing compensation from the at-fault party? If so, contact Portner Bond, PLLC today.
We know the overwhelming feeling of suffering an injury in an unexpected accident. Crossing paths with a negligent person or company can place you in harm’s way. Your injuries could require emergency medical care, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, and other types of treatment. You might worry about the cost and whether you can afford your bills.
At Portner Bond, PLLC, we believe every accident victim deserves the chance to recover the compensation they need to cover their losses. You shouldn’t be forced to face economic strain and medical debt if you don’t have the financial means to pay your incurred costs when you didn’t cause the accident. We could represent you in your personal injury case and help hold the negligent party liable for the trauma you endured.
For a free consultation with one of our Lumberton personal injury lawyers, call (409) 838-4444 right now.
Why Choose Portner Bond, PLLC?
Portner Bond, PLLC has a dedicated team of personal injury attorneys with over 70 years of combined legal experience. We’re familiar with the complexities of personal injury cases and the strategies necessary to secure the compensation our clients need. You should have someone by your side to fight for you, and that’s what you’ll get when you hire us.
Our hard work and case results show the level of commitment we give to each client. We’ve received recognition from multiple organizations, including the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Super Lawyers. We also hold an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Portner Bond, PLLC is proud of the reputation we have maintained, and we strive to provide quality and dependable legal services to those who need them.
Our Practice Areas
At Portner Bond, PLLC, our personal injury lawyers in Lumberton, TX, can handle numerous personal injury cases, such as:
- Truck Accidents – Commercial trucks can cause severe and life-threatening injuries to the occupants of smaller vehicles during accidents. The truck driver or trucking company might be liable for your injuries and resulting losses.
- Car Accidents – Accidents involving passenger cars often result from driver error. When someone fails to yield the right of way, becomes distracted, or otherwise behaves carelessly, they put the people around them at risk of serious harm.
- Work Injuries – You have a right to seek benefits through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance if you suffer an on-the-job injury or illness. Portner Bond, PLLC can help you with your claim.
- Brain Injury – A concussion or traumatic brain injury can impair your physical and mental abilities. Many people sustain brain injuries in motor vehicle crashes and workplace accidents.
- Industrial Accidents – Industrial jobs are dangerous. Working with heavy machinery and combustible materials always poses a risk to the people handling them. Injured employees can pursue workers’ compensation benefits to cover medical care and a portion of lost income.
- Premises Liability – Getting hurt on someone else’s property can take a toll on anyone’s quality of life. The property owner could be held liable if their actions led to the dangerous conditions that caused the accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycles are significantly smaller than other vehicles. It’s often challenging for drivers to see motorcyclists riding nearby, which can lead to catastrophic accidents.
- Four-Wheeler/ATV Accidents – Off-road vehicles, such as ATVs, offer minimal protection to the rider. A helmet is all that can protect you during a crash. If another person’s negligent actions resulted in your injuries, you could pursue compensation from them.
- Burn Injuries – The severity of burns can range from minor to life-threatening. They can happen in a building fire caused by faulty electrical wires, motor vehicle crash, or workplace accident. The at-fault party could become financially responsible for your necessary medical treatment and other costs.
- Boat and Jet Ski Accidents – The occupants of boats and jet ski riders could suffer injuries under various circumstances, including having a collision with another vessel, falling overboard, or in a drowning incident. The vessel operator or another party could be at fault.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrians have a high risk of serious injury and even death in accidents with motor vehicles. An inattentive or reckless driver might not stop at a crosswalk and could crash into someone already crossing the street.
- Bike Accidents – Bicyclists have their own lane to separate them from cars and trucks. However, drivers could drift into the bike lane or turn without checking for approaching bicyclists and cause an accident.
- Wrongful Death – If you lost a loved one in an accident due to someone’s negligence, Portner Bond, PLLC could help you pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – An injury to the vertebrae, tissue, nerves, or another part of the spinal cord can limit a person’s mobility and function. Damage to the spinal cord commonly occurs in motor vehicle accidents and other traumatic incidents.
- Dog Bites – You could hold the owner liable for a dog bite injury if they knew their dog had bitten someone or acted aggressively before or didn’t take the necessary precautions to maintain control of their dog.
If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries under any of these circumstances, contact Portner Bond, PLLC immediately to learn about your legal options. One of our personal injury lawyers in Lumberton, TX, can review the information you provide and determine whether we can help.
Compensation You Can Pursue in a Personal Injury Case
You could seek compensation from the at-fault party in an insurance claim or lawsuit. The compensation you receive should cover the losses you suffered in the accident, such as:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Loss of household services
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
You might also recover exemplary damages if you file a lawsuit. This type of compensation punishes the defendant for their actions. You must show clear and convincing evidence of the at-fault party’s gross negligence, malice, or fraud.
Frequently Asked Questions
Portner Bond, PLLC understands how overwhelming it can be to handle a personal injury case. You probably have questions about the process. We’ve answered the most common questions accident victims ask us, so you know what to expect.
Should I hire an attorney?
Yes. It’s never a good idea to file an insurance claim or lawsuit without a lawyer. You could miss a critical deadline or submit incomplete records. Portner Bond, PLLC can take on the responsibility and handle every step of the process so you can focus on healing.
Is there a deadline to file a lawsuit?
Yes. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases. That means you have to file your lawsuit within two years of the accident date if you want to seek compensation from the at-fault party in court.
Can I pursue compensation even if I was partly at fault for the accident?
You could recover compensation if you’re not more than 50 percent responsible for the accident. Modified comparative negligence allows the jury to reduce the plaintiff’s financial award by their percentage of fault.
If you were injured in an accident someone else caused, do not hesitate to contact Portner Bond, PLLC. You can count on us to aggressively pursue compensation from the negligent party and hold them liable for their misconduct.
Call (409) 838-4444 today for a free consultation with one of our Lumberton personal injury lawyers.