If you sustained injuries due to someone else’s negligence in Kountze, contact Portner Bond, PLLC immediately. You might be entitled to financial compensation from the party that caused the accident. We could represent you in your personal injury case and hold the at-fault party liable for their misconduct.
Most people don’t think about what they would do if they suffered injuries in a sudden accident. Whenever you leave your home, you probably assume it will be a normal day. You go about your routine and expect to return home in one piece. Unfortunately, accidents can happen no matter where you are and what you do. You could get hurt in a car crash while driving to work or slip on a wet floor while entering a restaurant.
Portner Bond, PLLC knows how traumatic it can be when an unexpected incident leaves you injured and in pain. You suddenly face medical bills, legal action, and physical recovery. We can provide the legal representation and guidance you need to get through this challenging experience. We will fight for your rights and pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
Call Portner Bond, PLLC today at (409) 838-4444 for your free consultation and learn more about your available options after an accident.
Why Choose Portner Bond, PLLC?
The Kountze personal injury attorneys of Portner Bond, PLLC have over 70 years of combined experience in personal injury law. We provide one-on-one attention to every client who hires us. You can expect our team to carefully review your case and create a personalized strategy to meet your needs.
Our reputation shows the level of commitment we bring to every case we take. We have earned various awards and accolades for our work ethic and case results. Prestigious organizations have recognized us for our legal services, such as Super Lawyers and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Martindale-Hubbell gave us an AV® rating, the highest rating given to the top lawyers in the country.
Our Practice Areas
Portner Bond, PLLC represents Kountze clients in various types of personal injury cases, including:
- Work injuries – You could file a claim with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier if you suffered a job-related injury or illness. Benefits could pay for necessary medical care and replace a percentage of your lost wages.
- Wrongful death – Wrongful death is the death of a person caused by someone else’s wrongful act, unskillfulness, default, carelessness, or neglect. Surviving family members might be entitled to compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party.
- Four-wheeler/ATV accidents – Anyone operating an off-road vehicle must take the necessary precautions to keep themselves and others safe. You could hold the negligent operator liable if they caused an accident.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists have a bad reputation. Most people assume they’re at fault for collisions. However, car and truck drivers can be liable for motor vehicle crashes under many circumstances.
- Dog bites – According to state law, a dog’s owner can be liable for someone’s injury if they knew of their dog’s prior aggressive behavior or failed to reasonably control their dog while in a public place.
- Industrial accidents – Industrial workers suffering from work-related medical conditions can file a workers’ compensation claim. Benefits might compensate for medical expenses and a loss of income. If the injured party was not an employee or if they were passing by an industrial site and were injured, they could pursue a third-party claim against the person or party who was responsible for the hazard that harmed them.
- Pedestrian Accidents – According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 841 pedestrian fatalities occurred in Texas motor vehicle crashes in 2021. This is a 15 percent increase in deaths from the previous year.
- Spinal cord injuries – A spinal cord consists of multiple parts, such as vertebrae and tissue, that serve various functions. Spinal cord damage can cause impairment or loss of movement and sensation.
- Bike accidents – Although bicycle lanes are available to bicyclists on many roadways, they don’t provide much protection from vehicles on the road. Any motorist could drift or swerve into the bike lane and injure the rider.
- Medical Malpractice – Surgeons, chiropractors, radiologists, and other medical providers owe their patients a high standard of care. Medical errors can lead to illnesses, injuries, and death.
- Burn injuries – A burn injury can range in severity from superficial to life-threatening. The extent of the damage determines the type of treatment necessary to heal. If someone else caused the injury, you shouldn’t have to foot the bill.
- State fair injuries – Although festivals and fairs are fun pastimes for Kountze residents, hazards can cause serious injuries. A third-party vendor, property owner, event organization, or another party could be at fault for creating the dangerous conditions.
- Boat and jet ski accidents – Multiple factors can lead to an accident involving a boat or jet ski. An inattentive boat operator could crash into another vessel, a passenger could fall overboard, or a swimmer could get hit by a passing boat.
- Brain injury – Brain injuries result from a violent or sudden jolt, bump, or blow to the head. They can also occur if an object fractures the skull and enters the brain. Debilitating symptoms, such as headaches, nausea, and dizziness, can occur.
- Car accidents – You could file a claim with a negligent driver’s insurance carrier if they caused your injuries in a car crash. Your settlement might compensate you for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills. You might also have the option of filing a lawsuit if the insurer denies your claim or offers an insignificant settlement.
- Premises liability – Property owners owe a duty to visitors. Owners must ensure their properties are in good condition, so that no one gets hurt. Forgetting to place a warning sign near a hazardous area or ignoring a leaky pipe could create dangers that injure guests.
- Truck accidents – In 2021, large truck accidents caused 11,478 injuries and 804 deaths in Texas. Commercial trucks are massive and can cause significant destruction in collisions with other vehicles and small cars.
If you sustained an injury under any of these circumstances, do not hesitate to contact Portner Bond, PLLC. One of our personal injury attorneys in Kountze, TX, can review your personal injury case and advise whether you are entitled to compensation.
Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
Whether you file an insurance claim or lawsuit, you can seek compensation for your losses, such as:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services
- Property damage
Frequently Asked Questions
At Portner Bond, PLLC, we aim to simplify the process of pursuing compensation after an accident. We know how confusing filing insurance claims and lawsuits can be. That is why we’ve answered some of the most common questions clients ask, so you know what to expect.
How much does a personal injury attorney charge?
Portner Bond, PLLC doesn’t want to burden you with upfront fees or costs when you’re already paying for medical treatment and other expenses from the accident. We take cases on contingency. That means you don’t have to pay us unless we secure compensation for you.
Do I have to file a lawsuit by a deadline?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases allows a two-year timeframe to file a lawsuit. That means you must initiate your lawsuit against the at-fault party within two years of the date of the accident if you want to pursue compensation.
Am I entitled to compensation if my relative died in an accident?
You could file a wrongful death lawsuit if you are a surviving spouse, child, or parent and your loved one’s death was due to someone else’s negligent actions. You might receive compensation for mental pain and anguish, lost inheritance, and other losses.
The Kountze personal injury attorneys of Portner Bond, PLLC believe in standing up for people who get hurt because of others’ wrongdoing. We will be your advocate and aggressively seek the monetary award you need to get your life back on track.
If you sustained an injury in an accident someone else caused, call Portner Bond, PLLC for your free consultation at (409) 838-4444 today.