Stowell Personal Injury Lawyers
If your injury resulted from an accident or incident someone else’s negligence caused, contact Portner Bond, PLLC right now to discuss your personal injury case. You might be entitled to financial compensation for your incurred costs and pain and suffering.
The aftermath of an accident can be scary, confusing, and overwhelming. You might not feel prepared for the legal road ahead. It can be complicated and stressful to handle. At Portner Bond, PLLC, we understand what you’re going through and will be by your side every step of the way.
If you have pressing questions about your case, call (409) 838-4444, or contact us online for a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers in Stowell, TX. We’re available 24/7 to talk to you about the accident and determine what legal options are available to you.
Why Choose Portner Bond, PLLC?
With over 70 years of combined legal experience, the attorneys of Portner Bond, PLLC can handle your case successfully. We know how to tailor our services to the unique circumstances of a client’s accident and pursue a desirable outcome. Our knowledge of state laws and procedures allows us to take on even the most complex legal matters.
Various organizations have recognized us for our hard work and case results. Super Lawyers and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum are just two examples of awards we have received. We also hold an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating given to the top attorneys in their field.
Our Practice Areas
Portner Bond, PLLC represents accident victims in a range of personal injury cases, such as:
- Bike Accidents – Although bicyclists can use the designated bike lane, they could cross paths with a careless driver. Someone could drift into the lane or hit a biker while turning, causing severe injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents – In 2020, there were 731 fatalities and 1,211 serious injuries in accidents involving pedestrians in Texas. This shocking statistic shows the risks pedestrians face during encounters with motor vehicles.
- Boat and Jet Ski Accidents – Multiple scenarios can lead to boat and jet ski accidents. Vessel collisions, running aground, falls overboard, and drownings are common. Portner Bond, PLLC might be able to help you hold the negligent party accountable for your injury.
- Medical malpractice – If a healthcare professional is responsible for your injury or illness, you could seek compensation for your necessary medical care and other costs.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Drivers often find it difficult to see motorcyclists on the roads because motorcycles are much smaller than cars and trucks. Another driver could be at fault for the accident if they sped, texted at the wheel, or engaged in another careless activity and then collided with a motorcycle.
- Car Accidents – Car crashes typically happen when a driver becomes distracted or doesn’t focus on the task of driving. At Portner Bond, PLLC, our personal injury lawyers in Stowell, TX, know how to investigate car accidents and determine fault.
- Dog Bites – According to Texas Health and Safety Code § 822.005, an owner could be liable for injuries if their dog attacks someone without provocation. The owner must have known their dog was dangerous or failed to secure it while in a place other than their real property.
- Burn Injuries – Burns can occur in numerous situations, such as vehicle collisions, building fires, and malfunctioning construction equipment. This type of injury ranges from mild to life-threatening, often requiring medical attention to heal.
- Industrial Accidents – Even in the safest working conditions, industrial employees could suffer injuries and illnesses. Workers ‘ compensation coverage is available for on-the-job accidents, whether the injury resulted from a slip and fall, exposure to chemicals, or a fall from heights.
- Product Liability – Certain products contain defects. During manufacturing, marketing, or designing, errors could make the product inherently dangerous. Consumers can pursue compensation from the negligent company if an injury occurs when the consumer uses the product as intended.
- Four-Wheeler/ATV Accidents – Riders have limited protection during accidents involving off-road vehicles, such as ATVs and four-wheelers. Portner Bond, PLLC could help you seek the money owed to you for the injury you suffered if someone else’s actions caused the crash.
- Work Injuries – You could file an insurance claim if you get hurt at work, and your employer has workers’ compensation coverage. Benefits are available to pay for reasonable and necessary treatment and lost wages due to the injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries can impair physical functioning and mobility. Whether there’s damage to the vertebrae, nerves, or tissue, you might face a painful recovery to regain range of motion and strengthen muscles.
- Brain Injury – A traumatic brain injury disrupts the functioning of the brain. In minor cases, healing without experiencing complications is possible. However, a severe brain injury could lead to disability.
- Truck Accidents – Large trucks, such as tractor-trailers, typically cause more significant harm to the occupants of smaller vehicles than truck occupants. In 2020, 8,989 injuries and 627 deaths resulted from large truck accidents in Texas.
- State Fair Injuries – Festivals and fairs are enjoyable for residents and tourists. However, an accident can leave a fairgoer with severe injuries. Multiple parties could be liable depending on the circumstances. Whether the property owner, event organizer, or third-party vendor is at fault, Portner Bond, PLLC can seek compensation on your behalf.
- Premises Liability – Property owners must maintain their properties by reducing or removing hazards or warning visitors of any dangerous conditions on the property. The property owner might be liable if they don’t provide adequate warning or fail to address the hazard that causes your injury.
- Wrongful Death – Wrongful death occurs when a person’s death results from someone else’s neglect, carelessness, default, wrongful act, or unskillfulness. The surviving family could file a lawsuit to compensate for losses, such as mental pain and anguish and lost earning capacity.
Possible Compensation in Personal Injury Cases
You could pursue legal action against the at-fault party if their negligence caused your injuries in an accident. The compensation you obtain should cover your losses, so you’re not left with out-of-pocket expenses.
The losses involved in your personal injury case might include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services
- Medical expenses
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earnings
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
Exemplary damages might be available if you file a lawsuit against the negligent party. A jury will only award this type of compensation if you show the defendant acted with gross negligence, malice, or fraud by providing clear and convincing evidence. Contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Portner Bond, PLLC understands the uphill battle you face. Building a personal injury case takes time and proper planning. Below are common questions we receive from accident victims. You should review them to understand the steps you should take after an accident.
What is the deadline to file a lawsuit in Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations on personal injury cases is two years. That means you have two years from the accident date to file your lawsuit in civil court.
Should I hire a lawyer?
Yes. Having an experienced attorney from Portner Bond, PLLC by your side during your case could be beneficial. It’s often more challenging to handle a claim or lawsuit alone, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you pursue compensation without legal representation, you could say or do something that negatively impacts the outcome of your case.
Should I accept the insurance company’s settlement offer?
It depends. Typically, insurance companies offer low amounts and hope the injured claimant will accept. If you don’t know your rights, you might feel tempted to take any amount of money you can get. You should always consult an attorney before settling a personal injury case.
If you suffered an injury in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate to contact Portner Bond, PLLC. You can count on us to fight for you.