Silsbee Personal Injury Lawyers
If you sustained injuries in an accident due to someone else’s actions or inaction, do not hesitate to contact Portner Bond, PLLC for legal representation. We could represent you in your personal injury case to hold the at-fault party liable. You might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and accident-related losses.
You likely never expected to get hurt in an accident. Whether you fell on a hazard in a restaurant or collided with a drunk driver on your way to work, you suddenly face a complicated legal process to pursue the money you need to cover your medical expenses.
At Portner Bond, PLLC, we understand what you’re going through and how stressful handling a personal injury case can be. You don’t have to pursue legal action yourself. When you hire us, we can take over the process so you can focus on treating your injury. Our team will fight for you and try to reach the best possible outcome.
Call Portner Bond, PLLC for your free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers in Silsbee, TX, today at (409) 838-4444.
Why Choose Portner Bond, PLLC?
At Portner Bond, PLLC, we have over 70 years of combined experience representing people who were injured in accidents caused by others. We take a personalized approach to every case we handle to meet our client’s needs. You will receive one-on-one attention and legal guidance until the end of your case.
We have a reputation for success. Our hard work and case results have earned us recognition from multiple organizations, including the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Super Lawyers. We also received an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating a law firm can receive.
Our Practice Areas
At Portner Bond, PLLC, we handle a range of personal injury cases for Silsbee clients, such as:
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrians are at risk of fatalities in collisions involving motor vehicles. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 731 pedestrians died in accidents in 2020.
- Wrongful death – State law defines wrongful death as the death of a person caused by someone’s default, neglect, wrongful act, carelessness, or unskillfulness. A surviving family member, such as a spouse or child, can pursue legal action for compensation in a wrongful death case.
- Motorcycle accidents – Drivers often can’t see motorcyclists. Motorcycles are significantly smaller than other vehicles. This increases the risk of an accident, which can cause severe injuries to riders.
- Industrial accidents – An industrial worker could suffer a work-related illness or injury. In cases where the employer has workers’ compensation coverage, on-the-job accidents entitle employees to workers’ compensation benefits to pay for medical treatment and replace a portion of lost wages. If no workers’ comp coverage exists and someone else was responsible for the accident, compensation could be sought in a personal injury lawsuit.
- State fair injuries – Fairs and festivals are fun places for residents and tourists. Unfortunately, they also can be dangerous. You could hold the event organizer, third-party vendor, property owner, or another person liable for the dangerous conditions.
- Car accidents – Driver error is a common factor contributing to car accidents. Portner Bond, PLLC could file an insurance claim and seek a settlement on your behalf.
- Dog bites – In Texas, the owner of a dog that bites someone is liable for the injury if the injured party can prove the owner failed to reasonably control their dog and prevent a bite or knew of the dog’s previous aggressive behavior.
- Bike accidents – Bicyclists typically have access to a designated bicycle lane to separate themselves from vehicles on the road. However, a careless driver might drift into the bike lane and sideswipe the rider.
- Medical malpractice – Healthcare professionals, such as radiologists, nurses, surgeons, and technicians, must meet a high standard of care. Medical errors can injure patients or cause death.
- Burn injuries – A burn injury can result from a range of dangerous situations, including a building fire, vehicle collision, or exposed electrical components. The at-fault party should be liable for the victim’s injury, medical expenses, and other costs.
- Product liability – Defective products can injure a consumer even if they’re used as intended. Manufacturers are responsible for supplying products that are safe for the public. Defects create inherently dangerous products and can cause injuries or fatalities.
- Four-wheeler/ATV accidents – Operating an off-road vehicle is enjoyable but risky for the rider. You could pursue legal action if someone’s negligence causes your injuries in a crash.
- Jet ski and boat accidents – A range of circumstances can contribute to an accident while you’re on a jet ski or boat. Falling overboard, vessel collisions, and drowning incidents are a few examples of scenarios that can lead to injuries.
- Work injuries – As a sick or injured employee, it is your right to file a claim with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer if they have one. The benefits you receive could compensate you for lost income, medical expenses, and other costs incurred from the accident. If your employer doesn’t have workers’ comp coverage and someone else was to blame for your injuries, you could pursue a personal injury claim.
- Brain injury – An external force can damage the brain and cause physical or mental impairments. Depending on the extent of the trauma, recovery is possible, but severe injuries can be debilitating and lead to disabilities.
- Truck accidents – Commercial trucks often cause significant damage in accidents with small cars. The occupants of the smaller vehicle are likely to sustain more severe injuries than the truck driver. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, 804 people died in large truck accidents in 2021 in Texas.
- Spinal cord injuries – The spinal cord contains tissue, vertebrae, and nerves that serve different purposes. An injury to any part of the spinal cord can limit physical functioning.
- Premises liability – Homeowners and business owners must keep their guests safe by maintaining their properties. They should remove hazards promptly, repair the damage, and place warning signs so visitors know about the dangers they can encounter.
If you suffered an injury in any type of accident someone else caused, contact Portner Bond, PLLC immediately. One of our Silsbee personal injury lawyers can investigate and determine how to proceed with a case against the negligent party.
Compensation in Personal Injury Cases
You could pursue compensation in an insurance claim or lawsuit for various losses, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of household services
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
If you file a personal injury lawsuit, you might recover exemplary damages. This form of compensation is available if you can show clear and convincing evidence of the defendant’s gross negligence, fraud, or malice.
Portner Bond, PLLC has fought on behalf of our clients for years. We know what it takes to get the job done and seek justice for people injured by the actions of others.
If someone else’s negligence, carelessness, or inaction caused your injury in an accident, call Portner Bond, PLLC at (409) 838-4444 for your free consultation with one of our dedicated Silsbee personal injury lawyers.