Beaumont Head-On Collision Attorneys
If you or a loved one have experienced a head-on collision, you’ve just been through a devastating and life-altering accident. These destructive wrecks occur when the front ends of two vehicles traveling towards each other hit at high speed, often causing significant damage to each vehicle and severely injuring or killing the drivers.
Recovery from an accident like this is often painful, as well as expensive. You need an attorney skilled in Texas highway law to handle your case. The vehicle collision lawyers at Portner Bond, PLLC understand what you’re going through and can get you the compensation you’re entitled to for your injuries.
Call us right away at (409) 838-4444 to discuss your case. Your first consultation is completely free, and we won’t charge you a dime unless we win your case.
Why You Need a Lawyer
The destructive nature of a head-on collision means that the resulting insurance claim for medical compensation, as well as property damages, may be significant. An experienced lawyer is essential to a successful insurance claim. They can conduct a thorough investigation of the crash, uncovering any negligence on the part of the other driver.
Your attorney can also speak to the insurance company on your behalf, to ensure they don’t use your lack of knowledge of insurance law against you, and possibly to negotiate a larger settlement. A good accident lawyer can analyze all the evidence, organize medical records, and line up expert witnesses to put together a solid case for your compensation.
Why Hire Portner Bond, PLLC?
Portner Bond, PLLC has been helping clients in Beaumont and throughout Texas recover compensation for their injuries for decades. We understand what it’s like to go through a devastating accident like a head-on collision. We work with people facing the same struggle every day. We take pride in our ability to provide top-quality and personalized legal service to each person that walks through our door. When you hire our firm, your success becomes our mission, and we will work tirelessly to get the best possible resolution for your case.
Causes of Head-On Collisions
Head-on collisions, also known as frontal crashes, occur when two vehicles meet head-to-head while moving towards each other. This causes most of the damage to occur at the front of each vehicle, where the driver is located. This type of crash can be very dangerous or deadly, especially for those in the front seats.
A head-on collision usually happens when one car drifts into the wrong lane, driving against oncoming traffic. Some of the most common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Drunk, drowsy, or distracted driving – The driver doesn’t notice that they have drifted into the wrong lane.
- An obstruction in the roadway – The driver swerves to avoid hitting road debris, a pothole or icy patch, or an animal, and moves into the oncoming lane.
- Improper passing – The driver deliberately occupies the wrong lane in order to pass on a two-lane road, without noticing an oncoming vehicle.
- Poor visibility – Head-on collisions often occur during periods of low visibility and on rural roads. The driver may be unable to see the lane markers or an oncoming or turning vehicle.
It can be difficult to determine the cause of a particular head-on crash, but an accident investigator can analyze the damage patterns on both vehicles and on the roadway, which may allow your attorney to establish negligence for the crash.
Typical Injuries in Head-On Collisions
The nature of a head-on collision between two vehicles often ensures that the resulting injuries will be more catastrophic and deadly. Some of the injuries you might encounter in a head-on collision include:
- Head and brain injuries from blunt trauma, possibly resulting in permanent brain damage
- Neck and spinal cord injuries from sudden impacts
- Internal organ and lung damage from punctures caused by metal, glass, or broken bones
- Bone fractures and breaks
- Facial scarring from burns or glass shards from the windshield
- Chest bruising or broken ribs from impacts
- Back injuries and neck damage from whiplash caused by a sudden stop
Even if you don’t think you were injured, you need to get medical attention immediately following an accident. Your adrenaline surges when your life is in danger, and this could mask the pain from hidden problems that you won’t discover until much later. You could have a concussion or internal damage that needs immediate treatment. And if you don’t get a doctor to provide a diagnosis, the insurance company might try to argue that you weren’t actually injured.
What Can I Be Compensated for After a Head-On Collision?
In an accident like this, your injuries may be extensive. Medical care is costly, but compensation from your case may be able to help. You may be entitled to a combination of the following:
- Reimbursement for hospitalization or other medical bills
- Coverage for prescriptions and painkillers
- Help with the cost of long-term care and rehabilitation
- Replacement of property damaged or destroyed in the accident
- Treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder or other mental health problems caused by the crash
- Repayment of lost wages due to time spent recovering from your injuries
- Replacement of lost household income due to permanent disability or death
- Help with funeral or burial expenses
The type of compensation available in your own case will depend in large part on your own medical situation and other details related to your accident. Your attorney can explain some of the ways compensation can help you when you meet for the first time.
Speak With a Beaumont Head-On Collision Attorney Right Away
If you or a loved one has just been in a head-on collision, you need an attorney who knows Texas highway accident law. The Beaumont car accident attorneys at Portner Bond, PLLC can make sure that your right to compensation is protected and that you get the money you deserve to cover things like your medical care and damages for the trauma you’ve suffered. Your focus right now needs to be on what’s most important: your own recovery and your family’s well-being.
We know what a painful experience this is to go through, but you don’t have to face it alone. Call us at (409) 838-4444 or fill out our contact form today to schedule a free consultation.