Beaumont Rear-End Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
All motorcycle accidents have the potential to cause catastrophic and even fatal injuries. However, the impact of a rear-end collision on an unsuspecting motorcyclist can be particularly harmful. The Beaumont, Texas, motorcycle accident attorneys at Portner Bond, PLLC, understand the unique challenges facing motorcyclists who suffer injuries in rear-end accidents. We are passionate about protecting injured riders’ rights and helping them recover the compensation they need to heal and move forward with their lives. Call us today at (409) 838-4444 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help you.
Why Do Rear-End Accidents Happen?
Rear-end accidents involving motorcycles occur for several reasons. Common causes include:
- Distracted driving – Drivers who are texting, talking on the phone, or not paying attention to the road are more likely to hit a motorcyclist from behind.
- Tailgating – Drivers following motorcycles too closely may not have enough time to react if the rider needs to slow down or stop suddenly.
- Speeding – Drivers exceeding the posted speed limit or driving too fast for conditions may be unable to stop in time to avoid a collision with a motorcycle.
- Impaired driving – Alcohol or drug use can hinder a driver’s ability to judge distance and react to traffic situations, leading to rear-end accidents.
- Poor road conditions – Slippery roads, debris, or uneven surfaces can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle and collide with a motorcycle from behind.
Who Is At Fault for a Rear-End Accident?
In most cases, the driver who rear-ends another vehicle is at fault for the accident. Determining fault can be more complex when road conditions contribute to the rear-end collision. If a government agency or private contractor is responsible for maintaining the road and fails to do so correctly, they may be partially liable for the accident. Examples of poor road maintenance include failure to remove debris, inadequate signage, or insufficiently repaired potholes.
If the at-fault driver and the party responsible for maintaining the road are both found to be partially responsible for the accident, you might be able to seek compensation from both parties.
It’s essential to consult with an experienced Texas motorcycle accident attorney who can help determine fault in rear-end accidents. They will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the accident, gather evidence, and work to hold all responsible parties accountable for their negligence.
What Kinds of Injuries Occur in Rear-End Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcyclists involved in rear-end accidents can suffer a wide range of injuries, including:
- Head injuries – Even with a helmet, motorcyclists can suffer traumatic brain injuries, concussions, or skull fractures in a rear-end collision.
- Neck and spinal cord injuries – The force of impact can cause whiplash, herniated discs, or even paralysis.
- Broken bones – The weight of a colliding vehicle can fracture arms, legs, ribs, and other bones.
- Road rash – When collisions throw motorcyclists off their bikes, they can suffer painful abrasions and lacerations from sliding across the pavement.
- Internal injuries – A rear-end collision can cause damage to internal organs, such as the liver, spleen, or lungs. These injuries can be fatal without swift treatment.
What Compensation Is Available for Rear-End Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Motorcyclists who suffer injuries in rear-end collisions may be eligible for compensation for their damages. Compensation can cover the following:
- Medical expenses – This compensation includes costs for hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, medications, and any necessary medical equipment.
- Lost wages – If an injured motorcyclist cannot work due to their injuries, they can claim compensation for their lost income and any future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering – Injured riders may be entitled to compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress the accident caused.
- Property damage – Motorcyclists can seek compensation for repairing or replacing their damaged motorcycle and any other damaged property.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help?
A skilled motorcycle accident attorney can be a vital resource for victims of rear-end collisions. An experienced lawyer can:
- Investigate the accident – Your attorney will gather evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and accident scene photographs, to build a solid case on your behalf.
- Establish liability – An attorney will help determine who is at fault for the accident and hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence.
- Calculate the value of your losses – Your attorney will work closely with medical professionals and financial experts to accurately assess the full extent of your losses.
- Negotiate with insurance companies – Insurance adjusters often attempt to minimize or deny valid claims. Your attorney will negotiate on your behalf, protecting your rights and interests throughout the process.
- Take your case to trial – If the insurance company refuses to offer you a fair settlement, your attorney will represent you in court, fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Portner Bond, PLLC?
At Portner Bond, PLLC, our Beaumont motorcycle accident attorneys understand the significant impact a severe injury can have on you and your family. We are passionate about making a positive difference in our clients’ lives. Our lawyers choose cases with a deep sense of commitment to the clients we serve. Our success stems from experience, diligence, and a determined resolve to secure maximum compensation for each client.
We know insurance companies aim to settle cases quickly and cheaply, but our job is to stand up for your rights and pursue the full compensation you deserve. With over seven decades of combined experience, our attorneys effectively manage complex personal injury and wrongful death claims. We prepare each case meticulously and won’t hesitate to take a case to trial when necessary to protect our clients’ rights.
We don’t represent insurance companies or large corporations. We represent everyday people, ensuring their voices are heard. The legal team at Portner Bond, PLLC is committed to providing the experienced, skilled, and aggressive representation you require. Choose Portner Bond, PLLC, and let us fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Today
If you have suffered injuries in a rear-end motorcycle accident in Beaumont, Texas, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Portner Bond, PLLC, are here to help. We understand the devastating impact these accidents can have on your life, and we are committed to pursuing justice and compensation on your behalf. Contact us today at (409) 838-4444 for a free consultation, and let us help you take the first steps toward recovery.